Lawrence and Harris is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidlines.
We are working towards complying with Priority 2 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidlines. We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines, and our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at all screen resolutions, including tablets and mobile devices. The site utilises responsive design meaning it responds to the size of the viewing device and displays the page in an appropriate way.
- Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
- A stylesheet is used on our website and relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text.
- Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the “view” or “zoom” option in your browser.
- In some browsers, Ctrl pressed with + increases size, – decreases size, 0 standard size.
- Images that convey important information have alternative text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank,
- All links have a title element for added information.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall accessibility. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Lawrence and Harris website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.